Monday 10 March 2014

Ta Dah! Finished At Last

My First Post :)

After nearly a year of picking it up and putting it down, I have finished my daughter, Kate's, quilt.  I think I'm in a competition for the biggest "monster" creation - who's winning Towse?

Here it is - my husband is hiding behind it, stood on the kitchen table holding it up!








 

I have quilted some flowers and butterflies on it and also her initials.  She is going to study Acting in September so I've also quilted masks in the top corner.




Hope you like it.


Now I only have the Farmer's Wife Quilt on the go but I do have a list of requests from the rest of the family, so onto another project - one just isn't enough.

Jane



3 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful, Jane, and thanks so much for posting! I think you are currently winning the 'monster' prize. I don't know about overall size but you have taken so much more trouble with the pieced back - my own monster was a simple large piece of backing fabric. And I love the colour scheme too. I totally agree with you that one project is not enough - but it's finding the space (or negotiating it with the other people in the house) that is the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, I love what you made here, it's a real heirloom quilt. I especially like the different motifs in the borders. I wonder if you will include some little masks on the label?

    ReplyDelete