Monday 31 March 2014

FABRIC BASKETS


There's a new love in my life - and it involves fabric (again!).  These wonderful fabric baskets are my new obsession.  After spending a lot of time on my daughter's quilt and the current Farmers Wife creation it's great to have something you can start and finish in a couple of hours - really satisfying.

I attended a workshop at Deb McGuire's PlainStitch Workroom and created a fab basket in about two and a half hours.


My first "kitchen" creation

That was it of course - spent the weekend gathering new fabrics and considering who would be on my list for a lovely little surprise gift!  That was a no brainer - ME :)  Spent Mother's Day morning at the sewing machine and had a ball.


Some storage for the bathroom

Just a small stash - Penguins a bit random but couldn't resist!


Even approached my sons expecting a firm "No" but was pleasantly surprised and now have to find some Marvel Heros fabric.

Still attending the Farmer's Wife Classes but I have also started a new project - quilt for son number one.  I'm using a large pattern for this one and it's growing nice and quickly.  In the meantime I think my house is going to be very tidy ;) as you can never have enough Fabric Baskets.....

Jane



4 comments:

  1. These are smashing, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with Kath, they look brilliant! When I get back I will HAVE to get to grips with the sewing machine - so many things to do, so little time when you are handsewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just realised this is just an adult version of "show and tell" !!

    ReplyDelete