Monday 18 August 2014

Gina's (very late) Birthday Owl

My good friend, Gina, had a birthday in May and I promised her an owl cushion. In typical fashion I then procrastinated big time about the design and when I finally found one I liked, I was frightened that it would be too complicated because it was a stained glass pattern, etc. etc. But of course, when it finally came to the crunch, Himself helped me to simplify the pattern and then jigsaw making with Heat and Bond proved to be not as hard as I feared. Whilst I couldn't remember how to do blanket stitch, the outlining looks pretty good and, in fact, even though I say so myself, I am pretty pleased with the outcome. I have done one of my unique Towse handsewn labels for the back of the cushion and sent Gina a teasing email telling her that it is finished!! Now I just have to get it to her. Next I move on to starting the sashing bars for my Farmers Wife quilt (I now have 100 blocks - I must be completely mad!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment