Friday 15 August 2014

Back to normal quilts - now finished

Here is the finished 'sqashed hexie' quilt. I finished the top late last year and decided to back it with fleece to turn it into a coverlet so that I could also practice simple machine quilting - just straight lines. Not bad! It has now gone to my good friend, Caroline, who loves to snuggle and is also the owner of the smaller version from 2013.




I have also now completed the 'found in pieces and screwed into a rag bag ball in a charity shop' that I put together in the spring. Again, I have kept it simple and backed it with fleece with ties in the centre of each flower and double hexi to hold it all together. I will create a suitable label for this quilt - perhaps with it's green shield stamp backing papers included - as the museum curator in me feels it's important to capture its history!


And now on to the next project, which is the applique owl cushion I was supposed to be doing for Gina's birthday on May 9th, but I somehow got frightened by the prospect of heat and bond and blanket stitch and kept procrastinating!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment